DJ B is new to the DJ world, he had joined us as a listener and over the course of a few months last year we pestered him to come on board and have a try as a DJ, the rest as they say, is history.
New or not, the guy knows how to build a set, with his Sunday Tech session proving to be a very popular hit with our listeners and everyone on site. His shows feature all that is hot on scene today with a good selection of gems from past years.
If you like your tech The Sunday Tech session with DJ B is one to tune in to.
The HMR Q&A
1. What made you start DJing?
I would say it’s always been an ambition of mine and recently I got the chance of having a controller and it has stemmed from there.
2. Who would you say was your biggest influence on the dance scene and why?
Pete Tong, Carl Cox, Gleave Dobbin and DJ X, for me growing up in N,Ireland we did have up and coming DJs who were superb in what they did, for me it was having a certain flavour which is house music.
3. Compare the scene now to how it was when you first started spinning. What differences, good or and bad, do you see. What do you see for the future of the DJ?
I have been only spinning for about a year, and looking at the way the die hard DJs use turntables i do wish I had of had a set. I can say house music has always been there in some shape or form and will be around forever, worse stuff is the EDM rubbish!! As for the future of DJs I guess they will keep on spinning.
4. Favourite label, Favourite artist, Favourite track?
React label is my favourite some quality deep house to progressive , as for artist I would say John Digweed, thank you for creating bedrock records with a top tune of “bedrock for what we dream of .
5. To date what has been the best experience you have had as a DJ? First show was on here at Housemasters, I was nervous as hell, the response I got from other DJs was a warm welcome and I was taken aback by some of the comments. As they say we all have to start somewhere.
6. If you could play anywhere, where would it be? I would love to play at the OSR party (reunion) in Leeds , nice little warm up session and meet and greet. Don’t think I would be on the terrace in Ibiza but one can dream.
7. Your favourite Housemasters DJ and why? Have to say Jim Pape, been stalking him for a couple of years now, love what he plays in respect of old skool, wealth of music knowledge that bloke has.
8. Biggest mistake, biggest fail, most embarrassing moment as a DJ / at a gig? Sound card issues when going live, you get ready for a set and nothing works! Ten minutes later you have sussed it out.
9. How do you keep check of ego? I don’t have one, I am very fortunate to be here with the help of other Djs, if it wasn’t for them , need I say more……..
10. How do you find Housemasters, we like to call it your home of house music, do you see it like that and if not, how do we change that?
Housemasters is a station that is one big family, I been on Housemasters radio a few times but never interacted with anyone, but that was at the start of many things to come, I have made some nice friends on here and definitely would recommend you pop in and see for yourself. For the house music lovers you have come to the right place !